Downloading foobar and installing the DSD decoder component
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform, you can use it to play DSD files downloaded from NativeDSD.com.
- Download foobar for free from the foobar website
- To play DSD files with Foobar, you'll need the dsdiff decoder component, this is available from the foobar site: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dsdiff
- Information on how to install and manage the preferences within Foobar after downloading the plugin is available from their website.
- More help and explanation is available from AudioStream too: http://www.audiostream.com/content/how-play-dsd-file-using-foobar2000#b96sOTuAqTGzbhMw.97
Or, use the SACD plug-in from Sound Forge instead, which also supports DSDIFF:
- The SACD Decoder plug-in for Foobar 2000 is available for download on the Sound Forge website. The Super Audio CD Decoder input plugin for foobar2000 is capable of playing back Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files. Direct DSD playback for compatible devices. https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_input_sacd/
Editing metadata within Foobar
It is possible to edit the tags within .dsf files using foobar2000.
- Locate a checkbox called “Editable Tags” in the preferences pane
- Check the box
- Edit .dsf files in the properties window