Details on how to install the NativeCore Downloader here. This guide will explain authorizing and using the app to download your DSD purchases for both Mac and Windows.
The screens below are taken in a MAC environment, but will have the same content for Windows.
Authorizing the NativeCore Downloader App to Load your Albums
- Copy the Token on the screen of the NativeCo.re downloader.
- Go to your NativeDSD account and open the Downloader tab (you need to be logged in)
- Select the Authorize Downloader button and enter the token in the field and click submit.
- Go back to the application and select Check Authorization.
- Your purchases (if you have made any yet) will now load in the application's home screen.
New purchases are pushed to the application every couple minutes. After placing new orders, please have some patience for the music to become available in the download manager.
Setting the Download Location for Downloads
The default location is your computer's Downloads folder. This folder is usually on the same drive on which your applications run from.
You can change the location by selecting Settings from the top menu, and then selecting browse, to specify a new location. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Starting a Download
Click on the album you would like to download music from.
Select tracks by using the select all button, or select specific tracks you wish to (re)download. Then select a quality&channel combination at the bottom dropdown, and hit Download on the bottom right.
The download will start and show the status in percentage to the right of each track. If you are downloading more than 5 tracks, tracks 6 and onwards will be queued until there is an open socket for a new file. You have the option to Pause and Abort the download once it has started.
- Note that below the album artwork is the option to directly download the cover and booklet pdf files, to the same location as you may be downloading music to.
Using a Desired Default Channel and Quality Pairing
When purchasing music from NativeDSD, you usually have access to the lower resolutions. In the Desired Default Channel and Quality Pairing menu, you can specify which is the default (if available for the album) is selected once you open an album for download.
Using Automatic Downloads
If a Desired Default Channel and Quality Pairing is set, you are able to use the Automatic Downloads function. This means that whenever new music is in your account, and the downloader is running on your computer, the application will automatically start the download but only if:
- The desired quality and channel combination is set, and
- The desired quality and channel combination is purchased & available for the album.
Note that you can check the status of automatic downloads via the top menu.
We hope that you like our new application to download music track by track, and start playing the files right away without having to do un-zips! If you have questions please feel free to email us, email@example.com, or use the chat window in the lower righthand of this screen.