IMPORTANT: You are not able to save to Dropbox when using a free dropbox account, because a lot of albums available in our store are larger than the 2.5 GBs that a free Dropbox account gives you.
- If you do not have Dropbox, or do not want to pay for this, we recommend a download manager or our own downloader app, or
- using regular .zip file downloads from the browser
How to save NativeDSD albums to Dropbox
- Place an order
- On the (step 5) download page of the order you click on the "Save to Dropbox" button in the bottom-right hand side of the page.
- You are prompted to Sign in / Select a location in your Dropbox to push the audio files to. (By default dropbox suggests a folder called 'Saves')
- Click save
- The ordered (highest resolution) audio files are now pushed to your Dropbox cloud folder, and when that is completed - synced to your computer's Dropbox folder. There is no need to unzip these files, they will be ready to play.
This process may take quite some time so please be patient. There is no way for us to show you the progress on this.
- Indeed, you can not see the progress of the Save on our store website. Dropbox does not share that information with us. It will only show us the completion status, so if you hang around, you will get a message that looks like the one below.
- If you do not see your purchases synced to your computer, check your cloud's Dropbox folder by signing on to www.dropbox.com and find the folder you saved the files to, to see if they are there. (Usually a folder called 'Saves')
- If the files are on the cloud folder, check your selective sync settings in the Dropbox preferences to make sure this folder is also synced to your computer.
- Make sure your computers harddrive, where the Dropbox folder is synced, has enough free space available.
- The error reporting that dropbox provides is explained here.
How to get back to download step of an order
- Click on your profile icon in the top righthand side of the NativeDSD.com browser window
- Find your Order history in your account
- Find the order you wish to re-download music from
- Click on the download page button to the right of that order, you will be redirected to the download page