Download from any country
When you order at NativeDSD you are offered a direct link to a .zip file that contains the album you purchased, in the selected quality and channel, directly after your payment is completed. If you purchase single tracks, that .zip file is created especially for you, so that process takes some extra time.
You can buy and download music from NativeDSD.com from any country in the world.
Downloading or re-downloading an album or custom track selection
Please follow these steps to (re)download any order:
- Head over to your profile at the top right icon on www.nativedsd.com
- You will land in your account home page.
- The albums from your most recent orders are on this page. Click on the download button for the album you still need to download.
You can find your complete order history in your account menu too, with links to the download page. (There you can utilise the 'Save to Dropbox' function as well.)
More information about custom .zip files with track selection
When you order separate tracks, they are compiled with the artwork and booklet into a .zip file presented to you. For each SKU there will be created a folder after unzipping.
Downloads are slow, timeout or fail
- Only have one download running at a time.
- Consider using a Download Manager or our Save to Dropbox feature.
- Please make sure you are using a wired connection instead of wifi to download packaged that are large. Especially (Multichannel) DSD256 and DSD512 albums are bigger and will require a steady connection.
- If you experience issues and cannot complete a download, our best advice is to wait 30 minutes and then start the download again.
Download permission error
Even though you should always be able to download your purchases again, it sometimes happens that the link-creator makes a little mistake and that you are not able to download your music. Please drop us a line and we'll get it fixed.
Changing the location the files are downloaded
The default download location depends on which browser you are using. Below are links that explain how you can manually select where the .zip file is stored.
Using a Download Manager
You can also save your purchased music using the Save to Dropbox feature from the checkout page.